Audit Scotland provides the Auditor General and the Accounts Commission with the services they need to check that public money is spent properly, efficiently and effectively. The Twitter accounts @AuditScotland and @AccCommScot are managed by members of the Audit Scotland communications team, on behalf of Audit Scotland, the Auditor General and the Accounts Commission. Tweets will provide alerts about new content and information about our services.
We will post and highlight the following content on Twitter:
- Information about new content on our website i.e. Audit Scotland reports, findings by the Accounts Commissions, other publications, updates to future work programme;
- Vacancies, appointments and key staff movements;
- Images, exhibits and audit relating to our work and reports;
- Alerts about Public Audit Committee sessions, reports and activities;
- Public speaking engagements and information about public sector events i.e. seminars and conferences;
- Good practice examples generated from our audit work;
We will not automatically follow anyone who follows us. Being followed by@AuditScotland and/or @AccCommScot does not imply an endorsement of any kind. Retweets do not imply endorsement of individuals or organisations; only the content of the specific post being retweeted.
The account is monitored and updated during working hours: 8.45am-5.15pm, Monday to Friday. We accept no responsibility for lack of service due to Twitter downtime.
@Replies and direct messages
The communications team monitors all @replies and direct messages, and may respond if it is appropriate to do so. The team will not respond on social media to correspondence matters or Freedom of Information (FOI) requests. Anyone wishing to submit an issue of concern should contact the correspondence team and our FOI officer for information requests, details can be found under Contact us. However, the communications team will ensure that any emerging themes or helpful suggestions on these networks are passed to relevant colleagues in Audit Scotland.
We are independent of the Scottish Government and will not engage on the issue of party politics. We also reserve the right to terminate involvement by users who post abusive, defamatory or unlawful content.
How to contact us
For information on how to contact Audit Scotland, visit our contact page.
Media enquiries can be made to our communications office by calling 0131 625 1500, or