Our engagement work
Who our stakeholders are and why we want to engage with them
Who we engage with:
- Audit Scotland
- Auditor General
- Parliament and Government: Government ministers, MSPs, Parliament committees
- Local government: councils, joint boards, COSLA, SLGP, SOLACE, Improvement Service
- Councils' community planning partners: public, private and third sectors, local communities
- Other stakeholders: Equalities and Human Rights Commission, other UK audit and scrutiny bodies, professional bodies, trade unions
- Press and broadcasting media
- Scrutiny partners
- Private sector audit firms
We engage with a wide range of stakeholders. We want to be clear about why we are engaging with these stakeholders and the messages that we want to convey to them.
Most importantly, we want to ensure that we are clear on our purpose and activities, and what this means for them.
But we recognise that the requirements of each stakeholder – and how they may make use of our work to fulfil their own responsibilities - will be different, so we will use different ways of engaging with different stakeholders.
How do we engage
How we engage:
Inform: email, written correspondence, face-to-face presentation, internet, newsletter, podcasts, video blogs
Consult: written correspondence or email, written or online surveys, discussion groups, video or teleconferencing, face-to-face meetings, online discussion forums
Collaborate: working groups, document co-authoring